The Disciple Maker Index Survey is Opens this Week! Please Read and Help!
It’s official! The Disciple Maker Index Survey opens this week and we need your help!
Please help us participate by completing a 10-15 minute survey as soon as possible.
- CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO THE SURVEY
- There are also opportunities to complete the survey after daily and Sunday Mass and you can obtain a paper copy in the Gathering Space or Parish Office or by contacting Karen Redmond at 513-539-8061.
The survey will only be available from January 21st- February 27th and will ask you to reflect on your own spiritual growth and enable you to provide feedback on our parish’s efforts to help you grow. All responses will be confidential and the parish will only receive information about the community as whole.
We are trying to get the highest response rate possible. This information will be invaluable to Father Paul and our various ministries as we plan for the future and strive to be the best disciples we can be. We will receive the results this spring/summer at which time we will share what we have learned with the entire parish.
Thank you for helping with this important project!
"'Late have I loved you, Lord' - St. Augustine famously writes in his Confessions. Augustine is one of the Church's greatest saints, but before his conversion he was a notorious sinner famous for praying "God grant me chastity, just not yet." How did this change come about? What does it mean to be in love?
Young adults are invited to join a five-week study examining Augustine's Confessions, diving deep into the topics of love, conversion, the challenges of today's world, and finding meaning in life! Scan the QR code for more information.
Family of Parishes Mass & Confession Schedule
Along with Our Lady of Sorrows, Holy Family and Holy Name of Jesus make up our new
Family of Parishes!
4:00 pm - Saturdays
10:00 am - Sundays
8:30 am - Mondays & Tuesdays
6:00 pm - Thursdays
9:00 am - Fridays
Confessions: Saturdays 3:00 - 3:30 pm
1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month 6:30 - 7:00 pm or by appointment.
CLICK on Links below for Mass Readings
Masses Can Be Viewed LIVE from Our Lady of Sorrows
**There will be no Live Streaming the weekend of February 4 - 5. Visit one of the links below for more Live Streaming options.**
Alternatively, you can also view Masses at St. Peter in Chains Cathedral at the times listed below at this link: LINK
Mondays - Fridays at 7:00 am
Sundays at 11:00 am
Tune in to Catholic Programming anytime with EWTN on TV or Online at this: LINK.
NEW Online Giving Option!
We are excited to announce a NEW option for online giving at Our Lady of Sorrows. Now you can access this online giving option securely from your phone, tablet, or computer. You can choose a one-time donation or recurring donations, using either a credit card or bank account. It’s quick, easy, and secure!
With this new option, there is no need to fill out a form or contact the office if you want to start an electronic contribution or change a current one. The QR code will take you directly to the donation page. You can also click on "DONATE" below.
If you are using our current system of electronic giving, this option will still be available! If you are happy with giving this way, there is no need to do anything. If you set up online giving with the NEW option and need to cancel your contributions with the old electronic giving, please call Bob in the office.
You can also mail in your contribution envelopes and other donations that you would normally be putting in the collection basket. Make all checks payable to Our Lady of Sorrows and mail to:
Our Lady of Sorrows
330 Lebanon Street
Monroe, OH 45050
Finally, you can also have checks sent automatically from your bank to the parish on a regular basis. Contact your bank for details.
Sunday: 10:00 am
Monday & Tuesday: 8:30 am
Thursday: 6:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am
Saturdays: 3:00 - 3:30 pm
First & Third Wednesdays: 6:30 - 7:00 pm or by appointment.
- Rev. Paul Gebhardt, Pastor
- Rev. John Civille, Parochial Vicar
- Rev. Stephen Lattner, OSB, Parochial Vicar
- Jack Schaefer, Deacon
- Chris Baumgardner, Director of Religious Education
- Ava Bertsch, Business Manager
- Bob Drusky, Office and Technology Manager
- Patrice Prebles, Bulletin Editor
- Karen Redmond, Pastoral Associate
- Joe Scarpa, Maintenance Worker
- Joe Whatley, Director of Music Ministry
Members at Large
Paul Kavalauskas - K of C
Download an Our Lady of Sorrows Registration Form HERE.
Print it out and return it to the Parish Offices.
Daily Bible Verse
Readings for the week of February 5, 2023
- Sunday: Is 58:7-10 / Ps 112:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 (4a) / 1 Cor 2:1-5 / Mt 5:13-16
- Monday: Gn 1:1-19 / Ps 104:1-2a, 5-6, 10 and 12, 24 and 35c / Mk 6:53-56
- Tuesday: Gn 1:20—2:4a / Ps 8:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 / Mk 7:1-13
- Wednesday: Gn 2:4b-9, 15-17 / Ps 104:1-2a, 27-28, 29bc-30 / Mk 7:14-23
- Thursday: Gn 2:18-25 / Ps 128:1-2, 3, 4-5 / Mk 7:24-30
- Friday: Gn 3:1-8 / Ps 32:1-2, 5, 6, 7 / Mk 7:31-37
- Saturday: Gn 3:9-24 / Ps 90:2, 3-4abc, 5-6, 12-13 / Mk 8:1-10
- Next Sunday: Sir 15:15-20 / Ps 119:1-2, 4-5, 17-18, 33-34 (1b) / 1 Cor 2:6-10 / Mt 5:17-37 or 5:20-22a, 27-28, 33-34a, 37
2021 Harvest Celebration
Click on the Links below for more information about:
The Seven Sorrows (seven dolors) of Mary
The Prophecy of Simeon – Luke 2:22-35
The Holy Family’s Flight into Egypt – Matthew 2:7-23
The Loss of Jesus in Jerusalem – Luke 2:41-50
The Meeting along the Way to Calvary – Luke 23:26-32
The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus – John 19:25-42
The Taking of the Body of Jesus from the Cross – Mark 15:42-46
The Burial of Jesus in the Tomb – Matthew 27:59-61