Our Lady of Sorrows Parish is a Roman Catholic community of Faith, centered in the Eucharist and the Word of God. Our mission, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, is to proclaim and live Christ`s message of love and service, within our parish and in the larger, world community.
4:00 pm - Saturdays
10:00 am - Sundays
8:30 am - Mondays & Tuesdays
Liturgy of the Word with Holy Communion:
9:00 am - Thursdays & Fridays
Confessions: Saturdays 3:00 - 3:30 pm
1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month 6:30 - 7:00 pm or by appointment.
CLICK on Links below for Mass Readings
April 16 - Easter Vigil
April 17 - Easter Sunday
April 24 - 2nd Sunday of Easter
May 1 - 3rd Sunday of Easter
May 8 - 4th Sunday of Easter
May 15 - 5th Sunday of Easter
May 22 - 6th Sunday of Easter
May 29 - The Ascension of the Lord
Sunday Masses Can Be Viewed LIVE from Our Lady of Sorrows
Beginning the weekend of August 7 & 8, 2021 only the Saturday 4:00 pm Mass will be Live Streamed
Worship Aides for each of the Masses are available on the Live Streaming Page
Katerina Minerva Kitty Cat sitting waiting for Mass to start.
Alternatively, you can also view Masses at St. Peter in Chains Cathedral at the times listed below at this link: LINK
Mondays - Fridays at 7:00 am
Sundays at 11:00 am
Tune in to Catholic Programming anytime with EWTN on TV or Online at this: LINK.
Did you know you that you can make your contributions to Our Lady of Sorrows electronically? Once a month, on the 5th of every month, funds can be transferred from your bank account electronically.
Simply download the form and mail it to the Parish office. You will need to enclose a cancelled check for verification of routing numbers.
IMPORTANT: When submitting routing numbers on the form, be sure that you copy them from a CHECK and NOT a Deposit Slip. They are different numbers.
You can also mail in your contribution envelopes and other donations that you would normally be putting in the collection basket. Make all checks payable to Our Lady of Sorrows and mail to:
Our Lady of Sorrows
330 Lebanon Street
Monroe, OH 45050
Finally, you can also have checks sent automatically from your bank to the parish on a regular basis. Contact your bank for details.
Sunday: 10:00 am
Monday & Tuesday: 8:30 am
Thursday & Friday: 9:00 am
Saturdays: 3:00 - 3:30 pm
First & Third Wednesdays: 6:30 - 7:00 pm or by appointment.
- Rev. Paul Gebhardt, Pastor
- Rev. Stephen Lattner, OSB, Parochial Vicar
- Jack Schaefer, Deacon
- Chris Baumgardner, Director of Religious Education
- Ava Bertsch, Business Manager
- Bob Drusky, Office and Technology Manager
- Patrice Prebles, Bulletin Editor
- Karen Redmond, Pastoral Associate
- Joe Scarpa, Maintenance Worker
- Joe Whatley, Director of Music Ministry
Members at Large
Paul Kavaulaskas - K of C
Daily Bible Verse
Readings for the week of May 15, 2022
- Sundays: Acts 14:21-27 / Ps 145:8-9, 10-11, 12-13 / Rv 21:1-5a / Jn 13:31-33a, 34-35
- Monday: Acts 14:5-18 / Ps 115:1-2, 3-4, 15-16 / Jn 14:21-26
- Tuesday: Acts 14:19-28 / Ps 145:10-11, 12-13ab, 21 / Jn 14:27-31a
- Wednesday: Acts 15:1-6 / Ps 122:1-2, 3-4ab, 4cd-5 / Jn 15:1-8
- Thursday: Acts 15:7-21 / Ps 96:1-2a, 2b-3, 10 / Jn 15:9-11
- Friday: Acts 15:22-31 / Ps 57:8-9, 10 and 12 / Jn 15:12-17
- Saturday: Acts 16:1-10 / Ps 100:1b-2, 3, 5 / Jn 15:18-21
- Next Sunday: Acts 15:1-2, 22-29 / Ps 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8  / Rv 21:10-14, 22-23 / Jn 14:23-29
2021 Harvest Celebration
Click on the Links below for more information about:
The Seven Sorrows (seven dolors) of Mary
The Prophecy of Simeon – Luke 2:22-35
The Holy Family’s Flight into Egypt – Matthew 2:7-23
The Loss of Jesus in Jerusalem – Luke 2:41-50
The Meeting along the Way to Calvary – Luke 23:26-32
The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus – John 19:25-42
The Taking of the Body of Jesus from the Cross – Mark 15:42-46
The Burial of Jesus in the Tomb – Matthew 27:59-61