Stay up to date with Our Lady of Sorrows’ Parish during the COVID-19 pandemic by reading the latest Newsletter.
Unfortunately, Our Lady of Sorrows Church will no longer be open for private prayer for now.
Did you know you that you can make your contributions to Our Lady of Sorrows electronically? Once a month, on the 5th of every month, funds can be transferred from your bank account electronically.
Simply download the form and mail it to the Parish office. You will need to enclose a cancelled check for verification of routing numbers.
IMPORTANT: When submitting routing numbers on the form, be sure that you copy them from a CHECK and NOT a Deposit Slip. They are different numbers.
You can also mail in your contribution envelopes and other donations that you would normally be putting in the collection basket. Make all checks payable to Our Lady of Sorrows and mail to:
Our Lady of Sorrows
330 Lebanon Street
Monroe, OH 45050
Finally, you can also have checks sent automatically from your bank to the parish on a regular basis. Contact your bank for details.
Effective Immediately, All Masses/Liturgies in Ohio are suspended.
All Events and Meetings at the Parish Have Been Cancelled Until Further Notice.
Our Lady of Sorrows' Lenten Fish Fry has been CANCELLED
Stations of the Cross
Our Lady of Sorrows Parish is a Roman Catholic community of Faith, centered in the Eucharist and the Word of God. Our mission, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, is to proclaim and live Christ`s message of love and service, within our parish and in the larger, world community.
Welcome to Our Lady of Sorrows Parish!
in Ohio Have Been Temporarily Suspended Until at Least After Easter.
All Events and Meetings at the
Parish Have Been Cancelled
Until Further Notice.
Members at Large
Sr. Anne Schulz
- Rev. Paul Gebhardt, Pastor
- Rev. Stephen Lattner, O.S.B., Associate Pastor
- Jack Schaefer, Deacon
- Chris Baumgardner, Coordinator of Religious Education
- Ava Bertsch, Business Manager
- Bob Drusky, Office and Technology Manager
- Nora Neu, Pastoral Associate
- Joe Scarpa, Maintenance Worker
- Joe Whatley, Director of Music Ministry
There are no upcoming scheduled events.
Daily Bible Verse
Readings for the week of March 29, 2020
- Sunday: Ez 37:12-14 / Ps 130:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8  / Rom 8:8-11 / Jn 11:1-45 or 11:3-7, 17, 20-27, 33b-45
- Monday: Dn 13:1-9, 15-17, 19-30, 33-62 or 13:41c-62 / Ps 23:1-3a, 3b-4, 5, 6 [4ab] / Jn 8:1-11
- Tuesday: Nm 21:4-9 / Ps 102:2-3, 16-18, 19-21 / Jn 8:21-30
- Wednesday: Dn 3:14-20, 91-92, 95 / Dn 3:52, 53, 54, 55, 56 / Jn 8:31-42
- Thursday: Gn 17:3-9 / Ps 105:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [8a] / Jn 8:51-59
- Friday: Jer 20:10-13 / Ps 18:2-3a, 3bc-4, 5-6, 7 [cf. 7] / Jn 10:31-42
- Saturday: Ez 37:21-28 / Jer 31:10, 11-12abcd, 13 [cf. 10d] / Jn 11:45-56
- Next Sunday: Mt 21:1-11 / Is 50:4-7 / Ps 22:8-9, 17-18, 19-20, 23-24 [2a] / Phil 2:6-11 / Mt 26:14—27:66 or 27:11-54
Click on the Links below for more information about:
The Seven Sorrows (seven dolors) of Mary
The Prophecy of Simeon – Luke 2:22-35
The Holy Family’s Flight into Egypt – Matthew 2:7-23
The Loss of Jesus in Jerusalem – Luke 2:41-50
The Meeting along the Way to Calvary – Luke 23:26-32
The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus – John 19:25-42
The Taking of the Body of Jesus from the Cross – Mark 15:42-46
The Burial of Jesus in the Tomb – Matthew 27:59-61