Welcome to Our Lady of Sorrows Parish!
Our Lady of Sorrows Parish is a Roman Catholic community of Faith, centered in the Eucharist and the Word of God. Our mission, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, is to proclaim and live Christ`s message of love and service, within our parish and in the larger, world community.
Please bring something for the Potluck.
If your Last Name begins with:
A-F......bring a Salad...
G-N.....bring a Side Dish
O-Z......bring a Dessert
Week of September 18 - 22
Monday: 9:00 am Mass
Tuesday: 9:00 am Mass
Thursday: 9:00 am Communion Service
Friday: 11:00 am Mass at Mt. Pleasant Retirement Community
ALL ARE WELCOME!
330 Lebanon Street
Monroe, Ohio 45050
Saturday: 4:15 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM & 10:30 AM
Holy Day: See bulletin.
Monday, Tuesday, Friday*: 9:00 AM
Liturgy of the Word with Holy Communion:
Thursday at 9:00 AM
(See bulletin for weekly updates.)
Confessions: Saturdays 3:45 - 4:00 PM
*Masses on the 4th Friday of the month are at 11:00 am at the
Mt. Pleasant Retirement Village
225 Britton Lane
Monroe, OH 45050
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Daily Bible Verse
Readings for the Week of September 17, 2017
- Sunday: Sir 27:30--28:7 / Ps 103 / Rom 14:7-9 / Mt 18:21-35
- Monday: 1 Tm 2:1-8 / Ps 28 / Lk 7:1-10
- Tuesday: 1 Tm 3:1-13 / Ps 101 / Lk 7:11-17
- Wednesday: 1 Tm 3:14-16 / Ps 111 / Lk 7:31-35
- Thursday: Eph 4:1-7, 11-13 / Ps 19 / Mt 9:9-13
- Friday: 1 Tm 6:2c-12 / Ps 49 / Lk 8:1-3
- Saturday: 1 Tm 6:13-16 / Ps 100 / Lk 8:4-15
- Next Sunday: Is 55:6-9 / Ps 145 / Phil 1:20c-24, 27a / Mt 20:1-16a
- Rev. Paul Gebhardt, Pastor
- Rev. Stephen Lattner, O.S.B., Associate Pastor
- Jack Schaefer, Deacon
- Chris Baumgardner, Coordinator of Religious Education
- Ava Bertsch, Business Manager
- Bob Drusky, Office and Technology Manager
- Nora Neu, Pastoral Associate
- Joe Scarpa, Maintenance Worker
- Danielle Schrantz, Pastoral Musician
- Christine Shimrock, Director of Prison Ministries
If you would like to be a part of the prayer chain group, please send an email to email@example.com and request to have your email added to the prayer chain list. Prayer requests will be sent to the group as they are received.
Anyone having a prayer request should send an email with the request to this same address. Your request will be sent to all those in the prayer chain group and will be kept confidential unless you note otherwise.
The Seven Sorrows (seven dolors) of Mary
The Prophecy of Simeon – Luke 2:22-35
The Holy Family’s Flight into Egypt – Matthew 2:7-23
The Loss of Jesus in Jerusalem – Luke 2:41-50
The Meeting along the Way to Calvary – Luke 23:26-32
The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus – John 19:25-42
The Taking of the Body of Jesus from the Cross – Mark 15:42-46
The Burial of Jesus in the Tomb – Matthew 27:59-61