Welcome to Our Lady of Sorrows Parish!
Our Lady of Sorrows Parish is a Roman Catholic community of Faith, centered in the Eucharist and the Word of God. Our mission, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, is to proclaim and live Christ`s message of love and service, within our parish and in the larger, world community.
ALL ARE WELCOME! On Sunday, November 18, OLOS will welcome local author, Beth Gully! She will give a presentation to PSR classes in the PAC from 9:00 AM until 10:15 AM. This presentation is geared to all ages and ALL parishioners are invited and encouraged to come listen to her talk. You will be able to purchase her book at this presentation.
Beth Gully is author of “The Other Side of Christmas”, An Upside-Down book. She is one of 100 recognized ambigram designers in the world and one of three children’s authors who has created a children’s book using ambigrams. Beth will share how she created her first ambigram, and other insights into her faith journey which ranged from self-doubt to perseverance, in following God’s calling. Her book received the Seal of Approval from the Catholic Writers Guild and is available in both English and Spanish.
If you have any questions, please ask Chris in the Parish Office.
For more information, please visit her website at: www.btgraphics.com .
Books are $10.00. Please bring cash, exact change preferred, or you can write a check to BT Graphics.
Parents, grandparents, and ALL parishioners are invited to attend this lively presentation!
Week of November 19 - 23
Monday: 9:00 am Mass
Tuesday: 9:00 am Mass
Thursday: Thanksgiving - 10:00 am Mass
330 Lebanon Street
Monroe, Ohio 45050
Saturday: 4:15 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM & 10:30 AM
Holy Day: See bulletin.
Monday, Tuesday, Friday*: 9:00 AM
Liturgy of the Word with Holy Communion:
Thursday at 9:00 AM
(See bulletin for weekly updates.)
Confessions: Saturdays 3:45 - 4:00 PM
*Masses on the 4th Friday of the month are at 11:00 am at the
Mt. Pleasant Retirement Village‡
225 Britton Lane
Monroe, OH 45050
‡ In November and December 2018, this will occur on the 3rd Friday of the Month.
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Daily Bible Verse
Readings for the Week of November 11, 2018
- Sunday: 1 Kgs 17:10-16 / Ps 146:7, 8-9, 9-10 [1b] / Heb 9:24-28 / Mk 12:38-44 or 12:41-44
- Monday: Ti 1:1-9 / Ps 24:1b-2, 3-4ab, 5-6 [cf. 6] / Lk 17:1-6
- Tuesday: Ti 2:1-8, 11-14 / Ps 37:3-4, 18 and 23, 27 and 29 [39a] / Lk 17:7-10
- Wednesday: Ti 3:1-7 / Ps 23:1b-3a, 3bc-4, 5, 6  / Lk 17:11-19
- Thursday: Phlm 7-20 / Ps 146:7, 8-9a, 9bc-10 [5a] / Lk 17:20-25
- Friday: 2 Jn 4-9 / Ps 119:1, 2, 10, 11, 17, 18 [1b] / Lk 17:26-37
- Saturday: 3 Jn 5-8 / Ps 112:1-2, 3-4, 5-6 / Lk 18:1-8
- Next Sunday: Dn 12:1-3 / Ps 16:5, 8, 9-10, 11  / Heb 10:11-14, 18 / Mk 13:24-32
- Rev. Paul Gebhardt, Pastor
- Rev. Stephen Lattner, O.S.B., Associate Pastor
- Jack Schaefer, Deacon
- Chris Baumgardner, Coordinator of Religious Education
- Ava Bertsch, Business Manager
- Bob Drusky, Office and Technology Manager
- Joseph Kiesewetter, Youth Minister
- Christine Marallen, Director of Prison Ministries
- Nora Neu, Pastoral Associate
- Joe Scarpa, Maintenance Worker
- Danielle Schrantz, Pastoral Musician
Click on the Links below for more information about:
The Seven Sorrows (seven dolors) of Mary
The Prophecy of Simeon – Luke 2:22-35
The Holy Family’s Flight into Egypt – Matthew 2:7-23
The Loss of Jesus in Jerusalem – Luke 2:41-50
The Meeting along the Way to Calvary – Luke 23:26-32
The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus – John 19:25-42
The Taking of the Body of Jesus from the Cross – Mark 15:42-46
The Burial of Jesus in the Tomb – Matthew 27:59-61