Welcome to Our Lady of Sorrows Parish!
Our Lady of Sorrows Parish is a Roman Catholic community of Faith, centered in the Eucharist and the Word of God. Our mission, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, is to proclaim and live Christ`s message of love and service, within our parish and in the larger, world community.
We're Updating Our Parish Pictorial Directory!
Friday August 24: 2 pm-9 pm
Saturday August 25: 9 am-3 pm
IN THE PARISH HALL
If you are currently in the parish directory, you have a choice:
- do nothing and your current picture will be reprinted and you will receive a copy of the updated directory.
- make an appointment to have your picture retaken, receive a complimentary 8x10 photo and a copy of the newly updated directory
If you are not currently in the parish directory, we encourage you to participate to ensure a complete directory.
- receive a complimentary 8x10 photo (you will have the opportunity to purchase additional photos)
- receive a copy of the newly updated directory.
Seniors, Military and First Responders receive 20% discount
To Make an Appointment CLICK HERE!
Week of August 20 - 24
Monday: 9:00 am Mass
Tuesday: 9:00 am Mass
Thursday: 9:00 am Communion Service
Friday: 11:00 am Mass at Mt. Pleasant Retirement Community
ALL ARE WELCOME!
330 Lebanon Street
Monroe, Ohio 45050
Saturday: 4:15 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM & 10:30 AM
Holy Day: See bulletin.
Monday, Tuesday, Friday*: 9:00 AM
Liturgy of the Word with Holy Communion:
Thursday at 9:00 AM
(See bulletin for weekly updates.)
Confessions: Saturdays 3:45 - 4:00 PM
*Masses on the 4th Friday of the month are at 11:00 am at the
Mt. Pleasant Retirement Village
225 Britton Lane
Monroe, OH 45050
Registration & Payment Authorization Forms
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Daily Bible Verse
Readings for the Week of August 12, 2018
- Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:4-8 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [9a] / Eph 4:30—5:2 / Jn 6:41-51
- Monday: Ez 1:2-5, 24-28c / Ps 148:1-2, 11-12, 13, 14 / Mt 17:22-27
- Tuesday: Ez 2:8—3:4 / Ps 119:14, 24, 72, 103, 111, 131 [103a] / Mt 18:1-5, 10, 12-14
- Wednesday: Vigil: 1 Chr 15:3-4, 15-16; 16:1-2 / Ps 132:6-7, 9-10, 13-14  / 1 Cor 15:54b-57 / Lk 11:27-28
- Wednesday: Day: Rv 11:19a; 12:1-6a, 10ab / Ps 45:10, 11, 12, 16 [10bc] / 1 Cor 15:20-27 / Lk 1:39-56
- Thursday: Ez 12:1-12 / Ps 78:56-57, 58-59, 61-62 [cf. 7b] / Mt 18:21—19:1
- Friday: Ez 16:1-15, 60, 63 or 16:59-63 / Is 12:2-3, 4bcd, 5-6 [1c] / Mt 19:3-12
- Saturday: Ez 18:1-10, 13b, 30-32 / Ps 51:12-13, 14-15, 18-19 [12a] / Mt 19:13-15
- Next Sunday: Prv 9:1-6 / Ps 34:2-3, 10-11, 12-13, 14-15 [9a] / Eph 5:15-20 / Jn 6:51-58
- Rev. Paul Gebhardt, Pastor
- Rev. Stephen Lattner, O.S.B., Associate Pastor
- Jack Schaefer, Deacon
- Chris Baumgardner, Coordinator of Religious Education
- Ava Bertsch, Business Manager
- Bob Drusky, Office and Technology Manager
- Joseph Kiesewetter, Youth Minister
- Christine Marallen, Director of Prison Ministries
- Nora Neu, Pastoral Associate
- Joe Scarpa, Maintenance Worker
- Danielle Schrantz, Pastoral Musician
Click on the Links below for more information about:
The Seven Sorrows (seven dolors) of Mary
The Prophecy of Simeon – Luke 2:22-35
The Holy Family’s Flight into Egypt – Matthew 2:7-23
The Loss of Jesus in Jerusalem – Luke 2:41-50
The Meeting along the Way to Calvary – Luke 23:26-32
The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus – John 19:25-42
The Taking of the Body of Jesus from the Cross – Mark 15:42-46
The Burial of Jesus in the Tomb – Matthew 27:59-61