Welcome to Our Lady of Sorrows Parish!
Our Lady of Sorrows Parish is a Roman Catholic community of Faith, centered in the Eucharist and the Word of God. Our mission, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, is to proclaim and live Christ`s message of love and service, within our parish and in the larger, world community.
We're Updating Our Parish Pictorial Directory!
Friday August 24: 2 pm-9 pm
Saturday August 25: 9 am-3 pm
IN THE PARISH HALL
If you are currently in the parish directory, you have a choice:
- do nothing and your current picture will be reprinted and you will receive a copy of the updated directory.
- make an appointment to have your picture retaken, receive a complimentary 8x10 photo and a copy of the newly updated directory
If you are not currently in the parish directory, we encourage you to participate to ensure a complete directory.
- receive a complimentary 8x10 photo (you will have the opportunity to purchase additional photos)
- receive a copy of the newly updated directory.
Seniors, Military and First Responders receive 20% discount
To Make an Appointment CLICK HERE!
Week of August 20 - 24
Monday: 9:00 am Mass
Tuesday: 9:00 am Mass
Thursday: 9:00 am Communion Service
Friday: 11:00 am Mass at Mt. Pleasant Retirement Community
ALL ARE WELCOME!
330 Lebanon Street
Monroe, Ohio 45050
Saturday: 4:15 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM & 10:30 AM
Holy Day: See bulletin.
Monday, Tuesday, Friday*: 9:00 AM
Liturgy of the Word with Holy Communion:
Thursday at 9:00 AM
(See bulletin for weekly updates.)
Confessions: Saturdays 3:45 - 4:00 PM
*Masses on the 4th Friday of the month are at 11:00 am at the
Mt. Pleasant Retirement Village
225 Britton Lane
Monroe, OH 45050
Registration & Payment Authorization Forms
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Daily Bible Verse
Readings for the Week of August 19, 2018
- Sunday: Prv 9:1-6 / Ps 34:2-3, 10-11, 12-13, 14-15 [9a] / Eph 5:15-20 / Jn 6:51-58
- Monday: Ez 24:15-24 / Dt 32:18-19, 20, 21 [cf. 18a] / Mt 19:16-22
- Tuesday: Ez 28:1-10 / Dt 32:26-27ab, 27cd-28, 30, 35cd-36ab [39c] / Mt 19:23-30
- Wednesday: Ez 34:1-11 / Ps 23:1-3a, 3b-4, 5, 6  / Mt 20:1-16
- Thursday: Ez 36:23-28 / Ps 51:12-13, 14-15, 18-19 [Ez 36:25] / Mt 22:1-14
- Friday: Rv 21:9b-14 / Ps 145:10-11, 12-13, 17-18  / Jn 1:45-51
- Saturday: Ez 43:1-7ab / Ps 85:9ab and 10, 11-12, 13-14 [cf. 10b] / Mt 23:1-12
- Next Sunday: Jos 24:1-2a, 15-17, 18b / Ps 34:2-3, 16-17, 18-19, 20-21, 22-23 [9a] / Eph 5:21-32 or 5:2a, 25-32 / Jn 6:60-69
- Rev. Paul Gebhardt, Pastor
- Rev. Stephen Lattner, O.S.B., Associate Pastor
- Jack Schaefer, Deacon
- Chris Baumgardner, Coordinator of Religious Education
- Ava Bertsch, Business Manager
- Bob Drusky, Office and Technology Manager
- Joseph Kiesewetter, Youth Minister
- Christine Marallen, Director of Prison Ministries
- Nora Neu, Pastoral Associate
- Joe Scarpa, Maintenance Worker
- Danielle Schrantz, Pastoral Musician
Click on the Links below for more information about:
The Seven Sorrows (seven dolors) of Mary
The Prophecy of Simeon – Luke 2:22-35
The Holy Family’s Flight into Egypt – Matthew 2:7-23
The Loss of Jesus in Jerusalem – Luke 2:41-50
The Meeting along the Way to Calvary – Luke 23:26-32
The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus – John 19:25-42
The Taking of the Body of Jesus from the Cross – Mark 15:42-46
The Burial of Jesus in the Tomb – Matthew 27:59-61