Welcome to Our Lady of Sorrows Parish!
Our Lady of Sorrows Parish is a Roman Catholic community of Faith, centered in the Eucharist and the Word of God. Our mission, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, is to proclaim and live Christ`s message of love and service, within our parish and in the larger, world community.
Life is wild, but God is good! This summer, get ready to ROAR!
July 7th – 11th from 6:30 to 8:45 pm, children, ages 4 through those entering 6th grade, should plan to have fun at Vacation Bible School with activities that engage the whole herd.
Look for registration forms in the Gathering Space.
Adult and teen volunteers are needed.
Please contact Chris in the parish office if you’d like to help!
Please Note: There is a family carnival planned for Thursday, July 11th. More details to come. Parents are expected to attend with their children.
Week of June 17 - 21
Monday: 9:00 am Mass
Tuesday: 9:00 am Communion Service
Thursday: 9:00 am Communion Service
Friday: 9:00 am Mass
330 Lebanon Street
Monroe, Ohio 45050
Saturday: 4:15 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM & 10:30 AM
Holy Day: See bulletin.
Monday, Tuesday, Friday*: 9:00 AM
Liturgy of the Word with Holy Communion:
Thursday at 9:00 AM
(See bulletin for weekly updates.)
Confessions: Saturdays 3:45 - 4:00 PM
*Masses on the 4th Friday of the month are at 11:00 am at the
Mt. Pleasant Retirement Village
225 Britton Lane
Monroe, OH 45050
- Rev. Paul Gebhardt, Pastor
- Rev. Stephen Lattner, O.S.B., Associate Pastor
- Jack Schaefer, Deacon
- Chris Baumgardner, Coordinator of Religious Education
- Ava Bertsch, Business Manager
- Bob Drusky, Office and Technology Manager
- Christine Marallen, Director of Prison Ministries
- Nora Neu, Pastoral Associate
- Joe Scarpa, Maintenance Worker
- Danielle Schrantz, Pastoral Musician
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Daily Bible Verse
Readings for the week of June 16, 2019
- Sunday: Prv 8:22-31 / Ps 8:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [2a] / Rom 5:1-5 / Jn 16:12-15
- Monday: 2 Cor 6:1-10 / Ps 98:1, 2b, 3ab, 3cd-4 [2a] / Mt 5:38-42
- Tuesday: 2 Cor 8:1-9 / Ps 146:2, 5-6ab, 6c-7, 8-9a [1b] / Mt 5:43-48
- Wednesday: 2 Cor 9:6-11 / Ps 112:1bc-2, 3-4, 9 [1b] / Mt 6:1-6, 16-18
- Thursday: 2 Cor 11:1-11 / Ps 111:1b-2, 3-4, 7-8 [7a] / Mt 6:7-15
- Friday: 2 Cor 11:18, 21-30 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7 [cf. 18b] / Mt 6:19-23
- Saturday: 2 Cor 12:1-10 / Ps 34:8-9, 10-11, 12-13 [9a] / Mt 6:24-34
- Next Sunday: Gn 14:18-20 / Ps 110:1, 2, 3, 4 [4b] / 1 Cor 11:23-26 / Lk 9:11b-17
Click on the Links below for more information about:
Statements on Pennsylvania Grand Jury Report
The Seven Sorrows (seven dolors) of Mary
The Prophecy of Simeon – Luke 2:22-35
The Holy Family’s Flight into Egypt – Matthew 2:7-23
The Loss of Jesus in Jerusalem – Luke 2:41-50
The Meeting along the Way to Calvary – Luke 23:26-32
The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus – John 19:25-42
The Taking of the Body of Jesus from the Cross – Mark 15:42-46
The Burial of Jesus in the Tomb – Matthew 27:59-61